Starting March 10, 2023, FDA Food Facility Registrations (FFR) without an accurate Unique Facility Identifier (UFI) are being cancelled. Firms that are impacted by FFR cancelled can have their registration reinstated once they provide the required UFI information.
FDA verifies the accuracy of your facility’s UFI and verifies that the facility-specific address associated with the UFI is the same address associated with your registration.
- How to I reinstate my FFR?
|To reinstate your Food Facility Registration (FFR) please follow the steps below:
Important: Do not re-register as you will be issued a different registration number.
Step 1: Obtain a DUNS number
Register the facility name and physical address associated with your FFR (Section 2) with D&B to obtain a DUNS number. Note – Name and address details must match with the FFR section 2.
- Please visit D&B’s Import Safety Registration Portal to search for your existing registration(s) and submit update requests, or to obtain new DUNS number(s). See user guide for details – Import Safety Registration Portal D-U-N-S® (DUNS) Number Quick User Guide.
- D&B registration request(s) returned incomplete (e.g., unable to obtain a DUNS number or update existing registration(s)) can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org for a secondary review, with an explanation to support your initial request. E.g., New branch location (HQ location DUNS 123456789); Address update – facility relocated; Business name update.
- Note – D&B may contact you to request for legal business documents to support the registration request(s). D&B phone calls may be on a recorded line.
Step 2: After you have received a facility-address specific DUNS number, request your FFR and UFI verification by emailing email@example.com using the format below:
Subject: UFI accuracy verification
Body of the email:
- FFR number
- DUNS number
- FFR Section 2 – facility name
- FFR Section 2 – address, city, state/province, mail/zip code
Note: Section 2 of the FFR is for the legal name of the firm and physical address; Section 6 is for trade names and doing business as names; Section 3 is for the mailing address; Section 4 is for the parent or headquarters firm. In the email body, only include relevant information from section 2 of the FFR.
|Please follow the steps above to submit an accurate UFI and for FDA to verify the accuracy of your UFI. Upon UFI accuracy verification, the facility will be able to utilize the same registration number.
- Will I receive a new FFR number?
No, after the facility provides an accurate UFI (DUNS number) they will be able to utilize the same number
- How do I stay up to date with FFR requirements?
The FURLS team has sent several emails and conducted a webinar. Stay up to date by subscribing to FDA emails at U.S. Food and Drug Administration (govdelivery.com)
- Who do I contact for help?
Please call this office at 1-800-216-7331 or email FURLS@fda.gov.