Foreign Supplier Verification Programs (FSVP) Training
December 12 @ 8:00 am - December 13 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
Foreign Supplier Verification Programs (FSVP)
Training Course for Importers
Fresh Produce Association of the Americas
590 East Frontage Road | Nogales, AZ 85621
December 12-13, 2017
Tuesday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm | Wednesday 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
On May 30, 2017, compliance began for FDA’s FSVP regulation. This regulation imposes sweeping new changes on food importers and requires review and assessment of the food safety practices of foreign suppliers and their compliance history. Foreign suppliers must be approved by importers pursuant to a written program before sourcing. FDA’s regulation also requires new information to be submitted for customs entries: the FSVP importer – the person responsible for FSVP compliance – must now be declared for each importation of FDA-regulated food (including dietary supplements) unless exempt.
The compliance dates for importers subject to the FSVP rule differ according to a number of considerations:
- Size of the foreign supplier,
- The types of food being imported,
- Whether the foreign supplier must meet the requirements of FDA’s Preventive Controls rules for Human Food or Animal Food, or the Produce Safety rule.
See http://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceRegulation/FSMA/ucm503822.htm for compliance dates grouped according to the category of the FSVP importer.
This course will provide participants with the knowledge to implement the requirements of the FSVP regulation including:
- Determining known or reasonably foreseeable hazards with each food imported
- Evaluating the risk posed by the food (based on a hazard analysis and foreign supplier’s performance)
- Using that evaluation to approve suppliers
- Conducting supplier verification activities
- Maintaining documents that are required to demonstrate compliance with the regulation.
This course will be instructed by David Gombas, former Senior Vice President with United Fresh Produce Association and Kathy Gombas, a former Food Safety Senior Advisor with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Course Registration fee is $695 for FPAA Members & $995 for Non-Members. For registration and additional details please email Emmis Yubeta @ email@example.com or call 520-287-2707